- Best Body Lotion for Aging Skin Reviews
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
- There are some things though that we think could be improved to make it a better product. The first is the inclusion of methylparaben. This compound has been alleged to have cancer-causing properties. The other has to do if you choose the pump option when it comes to packaging. Due to the thickness of the formula, it sometimes will clog the pump.
- La Roche-Posay Lipikar Balm AP Body Cream
- Eucerin Advanced Repair Lotion
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
- Final Thoughts
No one can stop the hands of time, nor can you escape the effects of that passage of time on your skin. As you age, skin loses elasticity, leaving wrinkles, and on top of that, your skin is less able to maintain moisture levels. In order to combat this, there are tons of different products you can use to help combat these effects.
One of these products is a good lotion. There are a lot of choices, and each skin type will want to invest in a different one. We have sifted through these and chosen three of the best body lotions for aging skin by paying attention to several key factors. Features like the ingredients, the thickness of the lotion, and of course, the versatility of use are just a few.
So if you’re looking for a great revitalizing body lotion for your aging skin, keep reading to find out more.
Best Body Lotion for Aging Skin Reviews
CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
As you age, your skin loses moisture and elasticity. This means you need a specific type of lotion, like this formula from CeraVe. It is a whole-body cream that is packed with compounds and ingredients to help rehydrate and revitalize aging skin.
- Contains ceramides, niacinamide, and MVE technology
- X3 essential ceramides
- Allergy tested
- NEA Seal of Acceptance
There are a lot of great features about this body lotion from CeraVe. It is crafted with ingredients that enhance the lotion’s hydration capability. It is non-comedogenic, which is great for those with slightly more sensitive skin. The affordable lotions are also crafted with a light fragrance that is not as harsh as other lotions.
- The formula is crafted with ceramides and occlusives for hydration
- Product does not contain any comedogenic compounds
- Lotion is versatile and can even be used on sensitive skin
- The fragrance is not too strong, which is nice
- A budget-friendly option that offers a lot of value
- Unfortunately, the formula does contain methylparaben
- Issues with the pump clogging when using that packaging
La Roche-Posay Lipikar Balm AP Body Cream
Our next lotion is another dermatologist recommended option. It is an intense repair prebiotic body cream that will help your aging skin stay hydrated, especially if you are dealing with excessively dry skin.
- Sensitive skin tested
- Prebiotic body cream
This lotion is crafted with care and tested to ensure its high quality. The ingredients used in the formula are specifically chosen for their hydrating and moisturizing qualities. They combine to form a lotion that is one of the best for dry skin and even treats eczema very well. It slides on easily and offers a very pleasant light scent.
But even though there are a lot of great things about this lotion, there are still some issues that we would be remiss without mentioning. The first is that it is not really non-comedogenic. This makes it not a great option for those with skin sensitivity. Also, if your skin is not super dry, many claim it leaves a greasy film after application.
- Crafted with tons of ingredients that help with dry skin
- The body cream is absolutely paraben free
- No worries about allergies as it is tested for them
- Lotion goes on smooth and easy for good coverage
- Many love the softer scent of the formula
- The lotion is not non-comedogenic at all
- May experience a greasy film if your skin isn’t super dry
Eucerin Advanced Repair Lotion
The last lotion is a simple formula that comes from a brand that, like our first option, has delivered quality skincare products for quite a long time. This repairing lotion is great for any individual, no matter the skin type that is dealing with the effects of aging.
- Enriched with ceramide-3
- Dermatologist tested
Sometimes simple formulas are the best. There is no need for complicated formulas as long as you use high-quality ingredients, which is what Eucerin has been doing for a while now. The formula is dye-free and crafted with no fragrances. No greasy film is left after the application, and the lotion creates a strong moisture barrier to help maintain your skin’s hydration. On top of that, the price isn’t bad, and it can be used even with light makeup.
The formula does, however, have a few flaws. The lotion contains AHA, which will elevate your chance of sunburn, and after applying, the lotion does leave a tacky feel until it is absorbed. Both of these problems are small but can affect the performance of the lotion.
- The formula is designed without dye or fragrances
- Ingredients used help build a good moisture barrier
- No greasy film left as the product absorbs very well
- Made with high-quality ingredients but still easy on the wallet
- Works pretty good with light cosmetics
- The product does contain AHA, which may increase the chance of sunburn
- Before drying, many feel the lotion is a little sticky
Trying to combat all the effects of aging takes a little effort but can easily be done with the right lotion. One of the most important elements to keep your skin looking younger is hydration, and each of the options we chose above as the best body lotion for aging skin does just that.
Depending on your needs, we hope we have found one for you. If not, we hope that the information we have discussed above has given you a good idea of how to find a lotion that will be perfect for you.
Barbie in a Blender is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. This does not impact our suggestions.