- What is a Hyaluronic Acid Serum?
- Which is the best hyaluronic acid serum?
- 1. The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
- 2. Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Serum Peter Thomas Roth
- 3. Skinmedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator
- 4. SkinCeuticals Hyaluronic Acid Intensifier Serum
- 5. Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum
- 6. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- 7. La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- 8. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Hyaluronic Marine Hydration Booster
- 9. PCA Skin Hyaluronic Acid Boosting Serum
- How Do You Use Hyaluronic Acid Correctly?
- Factors to Consider Before Purchasing the Best Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Hyaluronic Acid Serums
As much as hyaluronic acid is one of the most sought-after skin care ingredients for a healthy skin care routine, it's also one of the most misunderstood and is often confused. The best hyaluronic acid serum is one of the best ways to get dewy, hydrated skin. While it can be injected into the skin, using the serums and creams will also do well for anyone's skin hydration and rejuvenation.
What is a Hyaluronic Acid Serum?
Hyaluronic acid, also known as HA, is a naturally occurring substance created by the skin, and it's a humectant meaning it can absorb and retain water like a molecular sponge. It is an oil-free ingredient that helps replenish the skin's moisture and plump and smooth the appearance of fine lines. As we get older, we produce the lessened hyaluronic acid, which is why our skin starts to sag and wrinkle and using the hydrating serum is like a sponge that helps attract and retain moisture in your skin.
However, there are plenty of companies claiming to sell the best hyaluronic acid serums. While you might be tempted to buy the one with the highest concentration, it's not the best for people with sensitive skin as the high levels can result in irritation. Also, it may be helpful to opt for a hyaluronic acid serum that includes Vitamin C, niacinamide and lacks parabens, sulfates or other irritating ingredients in its formulation. If you are ready to try it out, we have listed the best hyaluronic acid serums for all skin types below with their pros and cons.
Which is the best hyaluronic acid serum?