Tea tree oil is one of the latest natural ingredients to see a surge in use. The oil has a pleasant smell and is great to be used in products that have to do with the scalp or hair. Many shampoos use it as a core ingredient because of this. Combining the oil with other natural ingredients can make for a pretty comprehensive hair care product.
Of course, there are a couple of guidelines you should use when looking for tea tree oil shampoo. The most important may be to go with a brand that gets good reviews or is from a trusted source.
You should also choose a shampoo that has tea tree oil at the top of the ingredients. The further it is down the ingredient list, the less that will be present. Along with this, you should make sure that any of the other ingredients aren’t on your allergy list.
Once this is done, you may still find that you have quite a list of options. So in order to pare those down a bit more for you, we have chosen the three best tea tree oil shampoos. Take a look at what we think of each.
Best Tea Tree Oil Shampoos Reviews
Tea Tree Special Shampoo
Our first tea tree oil shampoo is one that is crafted with the environment as well as you in mind. Cruelty-free and formulated with high-grade ingredients, the Tea Tree Special shampoo was an easy choice for us.
- Vegan friendly
- Color safe
- Peppermint, lavender, and tea tree oil scent
- Crafted with Tingle Complex technology
- Good for all hair types
Creating a shampoo with high-quality ingredients, including a strong presence of tea tree oil, is what has brought us to include this shampoo on our list. The mixture of herbs brings with it a beautiful scent and a lot of qualities that will leave your scalp feeling cool and clean. Plus, it won’t take much, thanks to the thick formula, to get the job done, and you will be left with beautiful hair.
There is a lot to love, but even with all of that, there are still a few things that we take issue with. Of the two issues we feel is a problem, perhaps the price tag may be the factor that impacts the most. It is a little steep for the amount of shampoo you get. Other than that, most tea tree oils shampoos offer a good tingle, and this one lacks in that area.
- The mix of herbs and mint make for a nice scent
- The formula leaves the scalp cool and clean
- A small amount of the shampoo will deliver quick results
- The product lathers up quickly and well
- Leaves your hair soft and manageable after use
- Some may find the price tag a little high
- Typically, the level of the tingle is not there
Maple Holistics Tea Tree Shampoo
If you are looking for a little relief from dandruff or other scalp issues, then a shampoo that is fortified with tons of essential oils and anti-oxidants is a great choice. That is why we made sure to include the Tea Tree Shampoo from Maple Holistics on our list.
- Anti-dandruff formula
- Natura ingredients and essential oils
This shampoo is crafted by a company that prides itself on its eco-conscious and animal-friendly products. If this is a concern for you and you need an excellent tea tree oil shampoo, you may want to check out the one from Maple Holistics. It is free of any harsh chemicals on the skin, and for this reason, it is a nice choice for those that deal with scalp eczema or dandruff.
Despite the great result you may get when using this shampoo, it is not perfect. Some have reported problems with their hair drying out. This means that you may have to use a conditioner to make sure your hair stays hydrated.
- A brand that is devoted to delivering cruelty-free products
- The formula is crafted without harsh chemicals
- Designed to get rid of symptoms associated with scalp eczema
- Scent is strong but fades when hair dries
- Strength of the product allows you to go a few days without washing
- Some have had issues with drying out of hair
- Issues with the cap's seal quality
OGX Tea Tree Mint Shampoo
Our last tea tree oil shampoo comes from one of the most popular brand names … OGX. This formula is crafted with tons of great ingredients and offers superior performance because of it.
- Made with tea tree & mint
- Includes witch hazel oil
OGX delivers quality products for a multitude of hair care, and this tea tree oil shampoo may be one of the best. It offers a good hydration system and uses ingredients that help with an itchy scalp. The formula is thick and will not take a lot to help clean your hair and reinvigorate your scalp. Plus, you won’t have to worry about frizz or flyaways.
But even with that, there are some things that may be a problem for some. Many people like a shampoo with a pleasant scent, and unfortunately, this shampoo is very weak. This is the one major drawback when it comes to the product itself.
- Formula created for this shampoo has a good hydration level
- Because of the thickness, you will not need much per wash
- The shampoo is crafted to reduce frizz and flyaways
- Price versus value is excellent for this type of product
- Ingredients are high quality and relieve itch fast
- Some find the scent a little week
- Issues with the durability of the applicator
Tea tree oil is fantastic for healthy hair and scalp, and that is why it is being used more and more in products like shampoos. Above we looked at three of the best tea tree oil shampoos in the market today.
We were sure to choose carefully and know that there is an option for just about anyone on our list. We hope we have helped you make your decision with less stress.
Barbie in a Blender is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. This does not impact our suggestions.